WordPress presently rules the number of blogs on the net nowadays. It’s completely free to access and they, in reality, have two assorted versions for you to get the setup with, which are WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
WordPress.org is the self-hosted version of WordPress which allows you to download the software program so that you can run it on your personal website as well as web hosting.
WordPress.com is another free solution, but as an alternative to running the software program of your personal hosting and domain, you would also be running it through with their web site.
Self-hosted WordPress is somehow installed on the web host which you’ll require buying. You can also download it for free of cost from WordPress.org or can use your host’s “one-click installer” too. If you select to download WordPress by yourself, you’ll need to follow the instructions for WordPress’s “famous 5-minute installation.”
Differences between Self Hosted WordPress.org vs. Free WordPress.com
The chief difference between both the two options is that one (.com) is usually hosted as the subdomain on the website of WordPress, while the other (.org) is hosted on your personal website.
The software is basically the same, and also their differences are affiliated with the customization which is possible when one hosts the blog on your personal webspace.
It’s quite easy to create an account on WordPress.com and start blogging immediately. WordPress.org needs a bit more time to set up withal you have more adaptability as well as complete control.
WordPress.org is the place of self-hosted WordPress. WordPress.com is an enterprise website. There is a built-in limitation connected with the WordPress.com free account. On the other hand, WordPress.org comes with full control.WordPress.com paying services into the account as it will be rather more on the line with the WordPress.org outlay.
Even though WordPress.org is not entirely free as when you take the domain name, hosting, superior themes, or plugins, it is still the better option than WordPress.com. WordPress.org is superior in all modes as it comes with full control. The only side of using WordPress.org is the obligation that comes along.
Disadvantages of Free WordPress.com
- One of the major negative parts is that you do not in your personal blog site.
- This is firstly clear to you with the independent advertisement which WordPress places on your website.
- In addition, you might not place your personal advertisement on your website if you are acquiring less than 25,000 people showing your page every month and even then you must share the advertising income equally with WordPress.
- These are the main reasons why we state that all the free service is only for the recreational hobby blogger.
Disadvantages of WordPress.org
- There are hardly any negatives to use self-hosted WordPress.
- They basically center circular you have to take care of definite functions for your personal use which is usually done for you with the free of cost WordPress version
- Among all these are updates as well as backups, although there are some of the plugins available which will look after that for your use.
- The similar is true of spam as the free version might help but there are fabulous anti-spam plugins available for the users.
- The self-hosted edition of WordPress is the only earthy quality for the professional blogger
- If you are generally blogging for fun or it is just your hobby or family, then the free of cost WordPress option will work out in a better way for you.
- You do not even have to pay, and your blog will also look outstanding.
- Withal, if you think to make people from your personal blog, or even just increase your daily income, then the self-hosted WordPress.org is preferable to the free of cost WordPress.com all time.
- I have written about 5 best web hosting that you can use for a self-hosted website